Living in Australia, growing up in the era of the famed 'Slip, Slop, Slap' campaign, and having extensive knowledge of skin and how it works has given me great appreciation for it and allows me to do everything in my power to take care of it!
When it comes to sun protection, I'm avid. I wear a hat, wear sunglasses, stay in the shade and wear long sleeves when I can - skin cancers run rampant here and it's something I definitely want to prevent.
While I was giving a talk in Noosa on Sunday, someone asked me 'What about Vitamin D? And we need it, so why cover up so much?'.
Firstly, Vitamin D produced in the skin is converted to a hormone form and activated by the liver and kidney. So if your kidneys and liver aren't functioning properly, then you're not going to be getting the amounts you need.
Most Vitamin D is acquired through fortified foods (especially in older people and in the USA). So the thought that we need to sun bake for a long time to get what need is laughable.
There's a great calculator online that you can type in your details (Latitude + Longitude isn't exact as it was designed for the Northern Hem, but it'll give you aroundabouts) and all I need for example is 24 minutes a day. It's not a lot of exposure, and I'd get more than that walking my dogs on their morning walk alone!
But the rest of the time, especially in the heat of the day, when the sun is at it's highest, I really believe you need to be careful!
And I designed Powder Protection to help make it EASIER.
- Can help protect the skin from environmental pollutants & harmful UVA/UVB rays and has been lab tested to protect anywhere from an SPF20+ to 30+ with correct and regular use
- Helps to minimise the appearance of pores and fine lines
- Is infused with an exclusive blend of organic herbs and precious plant oils
- Restores, firms, hydrates and revitalises the skin
- Can be used alone on bare skin, over the top of any Dusk by Adele Oil, over makeup, and all over the body
- Is easy to use for all age groups and perfect to put in your handbag, pocket, or to leave in the car
- Can help replace greasy sunscreens that are hard to apply
- Won't sting the eyes like conventional sunscreen
- Washes off easily, using the Cleansing Oil
- Won't clog the pores so is perfect for acne prone skin
- Won't dry the skin so is suitable for drier skin types
- Sets conventional makeup beautifully, and helps to reduce shine
- Is perfect for use on the back of hands, neck, and décolletage - places that are usually missed when apply skincare and cosmetics - and are usually the first places to show the signs of ageing and sun damage